I have a submission for your website. I may be the only person in the U.S. that has picked up on this peculiar habit of Mexicans but they love mid 1990s ford explorers. The explorer in question must be a first generation explorer; the model and body type that was produced between 1991 and 1994. As soon as they changed the body style for the second generation explorer Mexicans lost their interest.
1. the love mexican people have for Mexico
2. making fun of white people
3. how proud impoverished mexican parents are when their child goes to college
4. how mexicans make fun of white acting hispanics
1) that song that has no lyrics but just goes “beep beep beep beep beep beep beep”, especially if they can program it into their cell phone as their ring
2) standing really close to you in the grocery store line
3) wearing shirts that are too tight for them and expose pregnant-looking bellies (aka muffin tops)
4) insisting that Mexican soccer is really really good even though they never get past cuartos de final
5) The Beatles (pronunciation: BEET lays)
6) curing stomach problems with Coke
7) white girls; also, saying things that end in -azo to white girls who can’t understand them
8) treating children as handbags or end tables
9) converse sneakers (especially chilangos)
10) TV shows with adults dressed as children
11) Top Cat
12) public service announcements that make Mexico look like everyone has perfect teeth and wears traditional clothing and braids and there is no litter anywhere (true, every country does this)
You forgot a really important one- “La Pulga” the flea market of course! Trips to the pulga consist of wearing your Sunday’s best and bringing the whole family along. Payless? Pay-less my ass! The pulga has shoes for $6.99 and they have every mexican treat you can think of.
Orale, dude! It’s bout time someone made a site like dis. Ignore the haters, this is all in good fun and those of us wit common sense know it!. (The Olde English one was pure genius, by the way!) U gotta update this more often!
More stuff Mexican-Americanos like:
1. Putting fake gold or silver trim on every imaginable curve and crevice of their broke ass Japanese sedan
2. Do-it-yourself window tinting film on that same car
3. Mexican flags, anywhere and everywhere
4. Not using birth control (“I’m ‘Catholic’, it’s against my religion!”)
5. Not disciplining little kids
6. Walking around talking on their Nextel cellphones with it set on speakerphone
7. Ladies: muffin top shirts (like Guerasaurio/LaMuerteBlanca said)
8. Ladies: pulling their hair back into a ponytail so tight that it pulls their eyebrows up, then slickin that ish down til it looks like they got on a swimcap
9. Ladies: bras with clear plastic straps
10: Guys: pants, even if it’s 120 outside
11. Hating black people, but still tryin to dress and act like them anyways
12. The Park. Whether it’s for throwing Quinceañeras and birthdays complete with bounce houses for the niños, chillin with the homies and drinkin cans of Bud Light at 2 in the afternoon, or rockin a jersey and playing futbol no matter how bad or out of shape you are. Mexicans run el parque!
13. Música Bachata y Norteña!!!…and loud!
14. Spicy, sweet, salty, sour, and crunchy…preferably all at the same time.
15. Orange juice
16. Chrome rims. Any car will do, but a Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300M, or Escalade would be ideal.
17. Working at Taco Bell, even though it’s gringo food
18. Selling fruit out of the back of their truck alongside the road
19. Guys: riding their bike instead takin the bus if they don’t have a car
20. Handin out porn fliers on the streets of Vegas!
I’m not down with the nonsensical spelling idiocy of made up names. At first I thought people did this because they were fresh off the “rancho”, new to this country and language. •Jessica– Yessika, Yessicah, Yessycka. But I have come to realize that people do this on purpose. They even pull completely made up names out of their ass. I wish could remember one for you, but it goes in one ear and out the other. Good luck being taken seriously “Bray-yan”.
2. Having babies
3. Coins in our ears
4. Cheating on our Rucas
5. Being really cowboy or really gangster
7. Calling people “boss”
8. Scratch offs
9. Tall boys (the beers, ey)
10. Lemon, salt, and sugar
11. Cruisin’ Classics
12. bud light (i know, its mentioned, but down here, never enough)
13. BBQ’ing hot dogs and hamburgers
15. Aztec culture, with little knowledge of said culture
16. Neighborhood pride (west side, south side)
17. High school pride…..loooooooong after graduation/receiving GED
18. Stealing cable
19. Spending the paycheck at the carnival
20. Hanging carpets on the wall as decorative pieces of art
21. Canadians. This is my theory. Why else do we say “Sup ey?”
22. Going everywhere in groups.
23. Going everywhere in groups, in our “pee-ya-mas”
24. Like Arty’s observation “Pancho Villa and Emiliano Zapata” without knowing who they are, what wars, or ever stepping foot on the mother land.
25. Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Not flushing toilet tissue…instead the TP ends up in the waste basket next to the commode, usually twisted into toilet paper “peaks” that look like they’ve been dipped in mole. Guacala, yes, but so true. Why is this??? A tradition of feeble plumbing back in Mex?